Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SoA Model Converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia
View previous topic View next topic
LumensAquilae
I get by with a little help from my friends

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked on piecing together Sailor's Island as a single massive part but it seems like Milkshape has a material limit and after a while you just run out of room.

However, there are many material repeats that use the same texture and you can consolidate them without messing up the model, but it takes time. It is at times like this when I wish that MS3D's material management was a bit more robust.

Edit: did this though.

Cuckooguy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K, I managed to check out the Bellena Japan version and yeah, the bra is missing. I can't really tell if Fina's Bellena is a Photoshop trick or not, but anyway, I've noticed something else that's different about America and Japan Bellena.

When I originally tried to give Bellena see-through pants in the American file, it would also affect the transparency of that boob covering outfit, thus you'd be able to see inside her. That's because both her pants and her "shirt" use the same shader material, unlike in the Japanese version. In the Japan version, her pants use the same shader material as her veils, which causes the transparent effect. Both shader materials use the same texture (the purple cloth), but all America did was assign the shader material of the pants to be identical to that of her "shirt" instead of her transparent veils.

Interestingly enough, there are three shader materials for the same cloth texture: One for her shirt, one for her arm veils, and one for her mouth veil. I don't really understand why the mouth veil and her arm veils have different shader materials when they're both transparent shaders. The only reason I can think of them doing this is because the transparency of both veils weren't identical.

Also, I tried not using the "Create a Subdirectory for each model" check box and the problem with the textures not being assigned to their shader material still persists.

Edit: Also, as far as I can tell, A008BD05 does not include Bellena with finger segments. Do you happen to remember where fingered Bellena is?
Kryslin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Material export is not very clean right now - I should probably re-enable 'cleaning", which would take all the identical materials and re-map them into fewer entries. It got disabled when I re-wrote the new export module. I'll have to look into the multi-model texture thing, then. Is there any specific model file in question, or should I choose one at random...?

Steve
Cuckooguy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was the one troubleshooting something like this, I'd just choose the first mld file in the FIELD folder: Windmill Isle (A002A).
LumensAquilae

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty interesting. I figured the pants would be semi-transparent since they modeled them that way. Anyway the pic I posted on the last page I simply modified the texture in photoshop to guess what the model looked like, and changed the face texture to Vyse.
Kryslin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I (hopefully) tracked down the .obj export problem and have multiple model exports with materials working again. I'm also going to be tracking down a transparency bug in .obj export - transparent materials simply aren't. They import as solid materials in milkshape... but not in rhino3d... I think it's a milkshape problem. I'll check the milkshape forums...

I'm going to run through a few more multi-model files and see what results.

Also, group and material names have been changed so they correspond to the file being output, not the input file. group names now start with g_, material names now start with m_.

Build should be available this sunday.
Kryslin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"o/~ Two down, one to go, one more town, one more show... o/~"

Does this look correct? Smile
(Bleigock is still being naughty, I'll have to re-implement something I did that appeared to fix most of the problems with that model...)
(The Quelak is kind of mangled in it's midsection, but it's no longer 'imploded', and looks mostly right...)

Steve
("LEAVE IT!")
Cuckooguy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quelak? Which file is that? I haven't bothered converting any monster MLD files besides bosses yet...

BTW, Fina, I was being nosy in your /crap folder and noticed this: http://www.silvite.com/crap/soal_evilfina.jpg so do you remember where you got this?

I'm not sure if I should continue praising you because it might be redundant and you might be sick of it, but awesome progress.
LumensAquilae

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it from the Sega Press FTP a long time ago. I thought I saved everything, but I can't find the majority of the content that they had. I saved a few images though, such as that, which is only part of a larger image, as well as a few other hi-res character images, logos and cover-art in print-quality, and so on.

If you google Sega PR FTP you can find it, but they only seem to have old SoA Dreamcast stuff, and most of it is broken. They got rid of the SoAL stuff, which had the best selection. Sad
Cuckooguy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a somewhat selfish request, but is it possible I could get my hands on those high-quality images? I missed the boat when it came to downloading files on the Sega FTP, and my attempts to scour the internet for high-quality images on par with that evil Fina have been met with vain. Sad

As for more selfish requests, I decided to examine my Arcadia Legends files and extracted them out and it turns out they're not compatible with your ExMldNet program. I've also noticed that the MLD files are smaller than their Dreamcast counterparts. I know this is probably an inappropriate time to bring this up, what with the program still in its early troubleshooting stages, but could you possibly take a look at the Legends files and see how difficult it would be to make them compatible?

If you're willing, here's the Legends' BCHARA folder:
http://www.doublemole.com/temp/bchara_legends.rar

May you at least take a look at the MLDs and see if it's worth the trouble or not?

Also, does anyone here know how to edit Dreamcast games? I recall once Fina or someone else made a picture of Vyse with Pow in his hand, so what I'm hoping to do is take these four NRG files of the Japan version and somehow inject its files into a US version because the Jap version doesn't seem to boot for me and I'd much prefer 2 disc images over 4 disc images. I've tried things like UltraIso and BootDreams but it turns out programs like that don't work and I'm apparently too retarded to figure out how to attempt this. I'm hoping to get this to boot in NullDC.
LumensAquilae

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vyse/Pow was a little photoshop, so I didn't modify any Dreamcast stuff.

I'll see what I can do with the Sega FTP files later.
Kryslin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuckooguy wrote:
As for more selfish requests, I decided to examine my Arcadia Legends files and extracted them out and it turns out they're not compatible with your ExMldNet program. I've also noticed that the MLD files are smaller than their Dreamcast counterparts. I know this is probably an inappropriate time to bring this up, what with the program still in its early troubleshooting stages, but could you possibly take a look at the Legends files and see how difficult it would be to make them compatible?

May you at least take a look at the MLDs and see if it's worth the trouble or not?

I do know this - the files for SoAL are compressed, Compression scheme unknown. I've a few ideas, but nothing definite (PRS comes to mind, though - it's fast and it compresses decently). Until that time, the SoAL MLD files will remain incompatible.

Steve
Aroihkin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are looking so awesome. Detailed Little Jack and Ramirez in one thread? I approve. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Galcian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone please extract and send me the textures for Aika and her different facial expressions? I'm working on a high poly Max version of Aika, but I don't have the right version of the game for the extractor.

You host them on imageshack or rapidshare, or just send them to Valshier_@_hotmail.com (minus the _) - Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded an Aika texture archive, but it's only the textures associated with her battle model. So no surprised/disgusted Aika faces. It'd take a lot of effort to track down and compile all the Aika face textures. It's at http://www.doublemole.com/temp/aika.rar and it's gonna get deleted in a week or whenever it is I decide to clean up.

Galcian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, Cuckooguy! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can mean only one thing! Custom emoticons for the forum!
Spazz
S T E E L

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupil: Cool
Kryslin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone else using the program has found a small bug that has been stomped (and that I should have seen coming). I'll publish build and update tomorrow morning.

EDIT: And, after learning how to rebuild a digital certificate for testing purposes, Version 1.1.1.0 "Awesome Ash" is up on the website. There is an issue (again) with .OBJ export that I won't be able to track down until next week, after I get back from the East Coast (nothing important, just visiting some friends I haven't seen in a long time)

Steve
Cuckooguy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Fina, is there any way to coax you into giving me those Sega FTP files? If you do I'll throw in:

Eternal Arcadia image (JPN)
Skies of Arcadia demo image (PAL)
And less crappy versions of these images:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: