Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Since all the other kids are doing it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia
View previous topic View next topic
Aroihkin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Since all the other kids are doing it... Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

...I'll post my fanfic links.

Yeah, two of them are in my sig, too. But this will have info instead of just dorky little buttons.

I know, I know. It's a tough concept!

Starting with the oldest of my trio and working my way up...

Title: Stretching Into the Beyond
Characters / Pairings: Vyse is the narrator of this one. The Little Jack’s crew, as well as an OC crew on a different world, make up the rest of the cast.
Summary: Non-AU, Vyse POV, One-Shot, COMPLETE. My first SoA story, it revolves briefly around the concepts of dreams and sailing, and something that we consider perfectly normal.
My Thoughts: I did this little one-shot just to see if I could. It has no real point, no real twist or comedy or suspense. It’s pretty much a waste of time if you’re looking for something meaningful... but it served as a test drive for me in SoA.
Sample: Vyse wasn’t aware he was shouting until he finally opened his eyes. He was tangled in his hammock, and he was sure that the yelling he’d produced would have been drowned out by the loud engine that shared the room with him. The -Little Jack- was not Captained by anyone with green skin and sharp teeth- nor crewed by men with drawings and women with too-cold eyes.

/ A nightmare. /

Title: Requiem for the Dream
Characters / Pairings: Ramirez is the narrator.
Summary: [AU] [WIP] The heroes have fallen and Galcian's time has finally come, but how long will it last? More to the point- when you have all that you thought you wanted, what do you do then? Ramirez POV, rated PG-13 for dark themes and violence.
My Thoughts: RftD is my darkest SoA story to date, by far. Even Reflections’ Void scene has nothing on Requiem’s general atmosphere... and I -love- that. Darker and darker we go, where we stop... no one else knows. Several canon characters will lose their minds by the end of this one, and a few will die on screen. *cheerful grin*
Sample: The Delphinus lay not at all far from the edge, its decimated tail end turned toward his approach, warped propellers and melted puddles of ash-dusted steel reflecting dimly on the ground along his path.

This same ship had reportedly navigated the Dark Rift, and he knew it had also followed De Loco into Deep Sky. An engine of that size and strength, turned unstable, was mind-numbing. The explosion would rip through the toughest of materials with a heat and force unknown in even the deadliest of spells.

He could almost see it, flowering up and outwards in a screaming gust of heat, smoke, and death... it had split the back of the warship open like an Ixa’takan melon. Such brutality, and yet the results were almost beautiful in the pooling of what moonlight managed to fight its way through the constant cloud cover of Valua.

Title: Reflections
Characters / Pairings: Vyse/Ramirez. Both are the narrators.
Summary: [AU] [WIP] After the fall of Lord Galcian, Vyse and Ramirez are swapped. Will Ramirez still manage to call down the Rains without his own Crystal? Will Vyse be able to keep his original body alive? ...And what about the current one? Slash pairing.
My Thoughts: I’ve never tried writing a pairing before, and if I gotta start... I might as well just dive on in! The Black Moon thing is way overdone, I know, but I decided that if I’m going to be cliche’ enough to write towards some smutty fan-service pairing (tee hee!), I might as well go that route. Still, I’ve never seen anyone use the Black Moon plot-twist like I’m going to... hehehehe...
Sample: It was strange, having two swords on him. Two swords that had clashed with Lord Galcian’s, that had clashed with -his-, that had sought his own blood and felled so many Valuans. Keeping in mind that they were supposed to be nothing out of the ordinary to him, Ramirez quelled his hesitation and drew the main blade, eyeing its moonstone edge critically. How ironic it would be, when this sword bit into the necks and backs of the air pirates, severing their arteries and spilling their life’s blood. Would he even tell them that he was not Vyse? Probably not, no, let them go to hell with the bitter taste of betrayal on their lips.

The foul creatures deserved it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Patchamac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Applauds, observes no one else is, and eases back into my seat*
Embarassed
Oops... Love your work though.
ADnova

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I like hearing that people are working on fanfics.
It means that when my editor eventually grows out of its infancy, someone might actually use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: