Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SOA Dreamcast Editor
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia
View previous topic View next topic
ADnova

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: SOA Dreamcast Editor Reply with quote

There's no news to report concerning the game editor, but I thought I'd post this anyway for anyone who missed it on the old boards.
I'm still waiting on a version of Chankast that plays the full version of SOA with some stability.

You can download the poorly written editor here:
http://www.geocities.com/adnova2001/soa/soaeditor.zip

And you can view the poorly written help files here:
http://www.geocities.com/adnova2001/soa/index.html
Spazz
S T E E L

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic should be stickied.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spazz wrote:
This topic should be stickied.

Request denied.(?)
Galcian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would praise you forever if you could edit what enemies spawn in boss fights or random battles, what attacks enemies have, or enemy stats. Any of the above would be sheer fun to mess around with. So far I must say I love the text editor.
Kosaburo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...And where would one find such a ROM of Skies of Arcadia...?
Treppenwitz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kosaburo wrote:
...And where would one find such a ROM of Skies of Arcadia...?

Banned.
ADnova

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a link in the help manual that is supposed to lead to FastBoot, but it appears to be dead.

You can download FastBoot here.

I added a readme file, so you should be able to follow it and make your own modified versions of SOA self-bootable.
Azeraphael

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, where would one find a ROM of Skies of Arcadia? Im aware you quoted the earlier question and wrote banned, you may shun my request or not but I only ask as My Dreamcast no longer works properly and will reset itself after afew minutes of play so playing on it is imposssible, I can't find the cause of the problem and I cannot go out and buy a new Dreamcast for the mear fact that they arent being made anymore and a second hand one would be even more likely not to work. So I heard that thers a ROM for the dreamcast emulator on pc and just want to play it again.....
Azeraphael

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw it, I'l get a gamecube... Thers ment to be bonus stuff with Skies of arcadia on that anyway.
ADnova

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started working on this thing again today, going over the code and trying to remove the bugs.

I fixed the dialog editor, so there won't be any more letters appearing in strange places.

Version 0.6 will probably just be a bug fix release, but I'm thinking of adding another editing option.
Still waiting on an update to Chankast that can actually play the game without crashing regularly. Until then, anything really interesting will have to wait, such as the fact that those .SCT files control much more than just the dialogue.
Aroihkin

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azeraphael wrote:
I'l get a gamecube... Thers ment

. . .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ADnova

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another little update.

I finally got around to looking up MemoryStreams, so now the program doesn't have to create an actual file (temp.bmp) for the texture preview, it's all handled in memory.

When extracting textures, you now have the option of saving in the following formats: pvr, bmp, png, jpeg, and tiff.

Once I add another editing option, probably special move/magic editing, I'll release version 0.6
Gyokuran
yo what up

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azeraphael wrote:
Yes, where would one find a ROM of Skies of Arcadia? Im aware you quoted the earlier question and wrote banned, you may shun my request or not but I only ask as My Dreamcast no longer works properly and will reset itself after afew minutes of play so playing on it is imposssible, I can't find the cause of the problem and I cannot go out and buy a new Dreamcast for the mear fact that they arent being made anymore and a second hand one would be even more likely not to work. So I heard that thers a ROM for the dreamcast emulator on pc and just want to play it again.....

These forums while not hosted by gamespy, are part of a gamespy site. As such we cannot post links to pirated copies of game. I feel for you but you'll have to figure it out your self, or ask in the IRC channel though peoople will most likely insult you for that.
ADnova

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded version 0.6, it's available from the link in the first post.

You can now edit some properties of spells. Spell name and description modification work great, the other stuff works not-so-great. The game is very picky about the effects and targets of each spell, but the program lets you edit them all you want. Magic spell editing should still be considered in the beta stage. If the editor does something traumatic, let me know.

EDIT: It looks like the only problem is with changing the targets of a spell. You can still change the effect to whatever you want. So you could change Sacri to kill a party member, or set Pyri to heal all enemies.

EDIT again: The help file is now updated. I also made a fix to the texture importer, so that when you import a texture the image preview actually shows it. I disabled the "target" for spells, although you can still see what the target is. I added some check boxes that let you select where you can use the spell: in the menu, in battle, in ship battle, or any combination of the 3.
ADnova

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 0.7 is available, yadda yadda yadda.
Added character editing, including several starting attributes:
power, vigor, will, dodge, quick
HP, MP
Experience
Weapon, Armor, and Accessory
Magic experience in each magic group
Name, although it only changes the name displayed in the inventory menu
HP Gained at level up
And for Vyse, you can edit the swashbuckler rating names, and how many "swashbuckling points" you need to get each rating.
LumensAquilae
I get by with a little help from my friends

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Now all we need is a Chankast update.
ADnova

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 0.71 is available.

It fixes some of the problems with the texture viewer. Check out the TITLE directory of your SOA files to see what was fixed.

Also, the program now displays important info about each texture file, such as pixel format and encoding. So you shouldn't have to rely on memory when using the PVR photoshop plugin.

There are a few other broken parts of the texture viewer that I'm working on fixing. I'm also probably going to add an option to create a patch file, so that if anyone actually makes a mod they can share it.
Galcian

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That patch option sounds very nice. I bet people here could make some creative things.

(... still could use ability to choose what enemies show up in a scripted battle... or option to change enemy stats/attacks... are those even possible?)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galcian wrote:

(... still could use ability to choose what enemies show up in a scripted battle... or option to change enemy stats/attacks... are those even possible?)

Yes, enemy modification is definitely planned. The strange thing about enemies is that their names (Soldier, Guard, etc.) are not listed in any of the files, at least that I could find. This makes finding their stats and battle formations more difficult.
Regular enemy textures are in BCHARA\MBxxx.MLD
Boss textures are in BCHARA\MGxxx.MLD
Each texture file seems to have a matching .STD file, but I haven't looked at the format of those files yet.

If I figure out anything about enemies, I'll be sure to add it to the program.
ADnova

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got patching working.
You can download the new version and a test patch file (called test.soap) here: http://cs.smu.ca/~a_doane/patchtest.zip

Check out the "Patch" menu for the options.
If you have an original, unmodified CDI image of disc 1, you can apply the patch to it.
You might want to check the file size first, by right-clicking on the original image file, and selecting properties from the menu. The "Size" entry should be: 1.07 GB (1,156,250,320 bytes)
Note that the program won't stop you from applying the patch to anything, so as usual make a backup.

If you apply the patch successfully and start up Chankast and the modified image, there are a few changes. If you see a modified Overworks logo, then everything worked. There are other small changes up until the part when you enter Alfonso's ship at the start of the game.
There's a few text replacements when Vyse and Aika (now renamed Ralph and Lisa) are surrounded by soldiers (after you beat the first 2).
Dyne says some different things as well.
After that scene, you can enter the inventory menu and see some other changes, like changing Pyri to "Medusa Wave" and Sacri to "Mutant Heal"
Questions or comments, let me know.

Applying the patch should be very quick, maybe a few seconds.
Creating patches takes several minutes, it probably took 5 or 6 minutes to generate that patch, and I have a high-end machine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: