Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delphinus in Half Life 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia
View previous topic View next topic
Kryslin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how good the Delphinus Map will be for playing Garry's mod, Unlike Invader_G1R's excellent ship models. I don't know how good it will be for even playing HL2 Deathmatch, since the interior of the map is very simple - The Galley area, The bridge, the bridge wings and crow's nest, and access to the main deck, and a stacked staircase connecting all the decks...

I guess the main reason for me making this monstrosity is to simply say "I can." (and bask in the praise and adoration from my peers). I could probably add the rest of Crescent Isle around the thing if I wanted to, but I fear I may be coming up on one of the hard coded limits in the compile tools in a relatively short time...

Once I get the base map made, I'll put the map out for tinkering, along with the Delphinus' textures.

And now, some HMS Delphinus trivia : In her current state of construction, she is 684' 8" long, has a beam of 186' 8", and a height of 198' even (top of Crow's Nest to Keel)(And is now too long to be built for HL1..., which has a limit of 8,192 inches X/Y/Z)(She consists of 1,424 solids, with 8,896 faces, and has 11 point and 68 solid entities, using 117 unique textures requiring 9,971,712 bytes of texture memory). She is slightly shorter than a Long Beach class missile cruiser, and definitely broader, but the draft cannot be compared between the 2, because I have no clue how to measure that on HMS Delphinus. The length is final, but the other 2 will change( mainly, when her rudders get built...) She compares well with the ship I suspect she is based on, HMS Hood.

Update 9/8/05: The Hull is complete! All that is left is the anchors, torpedo tubes, the props, and the rudders (on the outside), and a bit of texturing. Inside, I have to finish with the bridge and galley details. Some spot lights need to be added under the ship as well, but that is simple enough...

Update 9/10/05: Rudders and Props are done. Anchor and Torpedo hatches are next, followed by the front fin, and the anchors. I wish Hammer did UV Texture Mapping, it would have made the rudders much easier to do. Have no idea how long the final compile is gonna take, fast compile is up to 6 minutes.

DISCLAIMER : By no means is this map to be considered definitive, and the original design, concept, and artwork is (c)Sega/Overworks. Liberties were taken with the design in order to make everything fit into one, contiguous space. This is how I see HMS Delphinus, YMMV.

Steve
Kryslin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you knew this was coming...

From just off the starboard bow (no anchors yet, though)!:

Aft, Underside. Those propellors were a pain... :

Amidships, Underside:
(I do have some texturing to do/redo...)

For those of you who are curious, I'm using Hammer (duh!), Gimp 2.2.3 (It's Free! It Rocks!) for image editing, Wally 5.3 beta (for some texture effects), Rhino 3D 1.1 (for renders of texture images), Nem's VTFEdit, ADNova's Editor, and some programming in VB6.

For those of you looking for a release date of the map/bsp, I refuse to commit to a date until I'm finished Smile . I do want to finish the crow's nest before I release it....

Enjoy...

Steve
Daccat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnificent, makes me want to go back to HL.
Luigi
QUOTE, BUY, PRINT!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, Great Work. Cool
Crash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crash wrote:
Now that's looks nice.
Keep up the good work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Treppenwitz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy SHIT. When you release the map, I will be happy to host it on my site.
Kryslin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick question....

Right now, HMS Delphinus is sitting in a big hole under the open sky, with lights underneath and a crude catwalk and ramps for access to the underside of the ship. What kind of environment would you like to see the ship in? Her berth in Valua? In Drydock? Crescent Isle? Out in the sky?

I'd like to know...

STeve
Treppenwitz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crescent Isle would be cool.
Luigi
QUOTE, BUY, PRINT!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treppenwitz wrote:
Crescent Isle would be cool.
Kryslin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crescent Isle it is. I'll do as much as I can, because I think I'm going to hit an engine limit in short order. I'll get, at least, the cavern the ship is in (modified slightly), the boarding ramp, and the few areas in the cave. Hmm, I wonder if HL2 can handle a sliding pole...

Steve
Kryslin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to show, this time, mainly learning how to use the advanced tools, like...

GIMP's Perspective Correction to align those pesky texture images ...

And...

XSI/Softimage! Those little lights are my first attempt at HL modelling. I think they turned out rather nice. I hate the modelling interface for XSI, but Rhino3D's is wonderful, so I make my meshs in Rhino, Import to XSI, and texture, then export to SMD, then screw around with QC files...

I think that's enough ranting. I've the overhead lights to make, the lamps and Chandelier for the Galley, and the controls for the Bridge. Then, I start work on Crescent Isle's cavern.

Steve
Treppenwitz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shit, awesome.
Luigi
QUOTE, BUY, PRINT!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treppenwitz wrote:
Oh shit, awesome.
Kyyp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luigi wrote:
Treppenwitz wrote:
Oh shit, awesome.
Kryslin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been real busy lately, but I managed to get some more done...

HMS Delphinus is now indoors!

This should be a familiar sight...

As should this...

Hopefully, I'll get some time to do some more modeling, namely some chandeliers, sometime soon...

Steve
Treppenwitz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will beta test for you. Wink
Daccat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnificent. Will we be able to fight in the underground port? Or will it just be scenery?
Luigi
QUOTE, BUY, PRINT!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treppenwitz wrote:
I will beta test for you. Wink

Me too. Very Happy
Crash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O kurczę(*) awsome dude.

(*) - read from PL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kryslin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could do just the port, but it wouldn't be crescent isle without the outdoors Smile ... Let's see what the Source engine can really do. Abandoned buildings are easy enough, even the fancier ones.

Bu yes, right now, it's just the underground port. I suppose it could be used for deathmatching (there's not a lot of cover, though), or capture the flag, or somesuch, or even a map with a retake/defend mission... I have the other utility shacks to complete, and some cranes...wish I knew how HL2 did the big crane in the one level...

Are moonstones explosive? There were quite a few barrels of them around the dock...

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: