Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any good movies you want to see/have seen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic View next topic
Opera Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Any good movies you want to see/have seen? Reply with quote

I'm pretty excited about "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". And "The Corpse Bride". [/TimBurtonWhore]

Also, "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" looks awesome.

As for movies I've seen recently that I liked...

"War of the Worlds" was great, except for a few problems; the aliens were cute, that little brat wouldn't stop screeching (I would have slapped her repeatedly at that point), and it took place in modern America, instead of 19th-century London. Oh well. It's still worth seeing.

"Bewitched" was decent. Not as funny as I thought it would be, but I still liked it. Will Ferrell's humor was more along the lines of "Elf" than "Anchorman" (funniest movie ever), but he was still good.

"Batman Begins" was really good. It's hard to make a guy in a big bat-suit with a pointy-eared mask serious, but they did pretty good. Liam Neeson was awesome.

How about you guys? Seen any good movies or trailers?
Mantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew_MetallicA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman begins was freaking awesome. I was dark and gloomy like Batman is supposed to be with a brighter side when we see him as Bruce Wayne. And It stayed true to comic book form as well. It could possibly be better than the original burton film. If you count the "true to comic book form" notion, then it is the best batman film yet
Aroihkin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen Batman Begins twice, now, and loved it to death both times.

I've been a fan of 'ol Bats for as long as I can remember, and this movie just rocked my effing socks. No light-up Batmobile, no glow-in-the-dark Gotham, and no nipples built into the Batman costume. Plus Bruce was actually enjoyable as Bruce, for once. Spelunking and swimming included.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Luigi
QUOTE, BUY, PRINT!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BearOfGlacia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Land of the Dead sucked.
Batman begins was fair.
War of the Worlds was meh.

The best movie I've seen lately was the new DVD I broke down and finally bought. And I don't care what anybody says. Team America is the greatest movie ever made.
Andrew_MetallicA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BearOfGlacia wrote:

Batman begins was superb.
GalaKnight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Any good movies you want to see/have seen? Reply with quote

Opera Ghost wrote:

"War of the Worlds" was great, except for a few problems; the aliens were cute, that little brat wouldn't stop screeching (I would have slapped her repeatedly at that point), and it took place in modern America, instead of 19th-century London. Oh well. It's still worth seeing.

Cute? WTF? The aliens were demented alien vampire psychos, how was that cute? They turned people into salt, that's NOT cool.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been holding off on seeing Batman Begins until i can get to an imax theatre.

i want to see land of the dead but the mixed reviews have put me off a bit. plus it was using music ripped from the RE movie in the trailer and that makes me worry about its decency.

the moose, though arrogant, is not crazy.
Andrew_MetallicA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Land of the Dead is a good zombie movie. It's worth the trip.
Opera Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory today. Definitely the best movie I've seen in theaters this year. Johnny Depp was absolutely adorable as Willy Wonka, and Freddy Highmore was an excellent Charlie. Quite frankly, I like this movie much better than the old one with Gene Wilder. It was so much more accurate to the book. Willy Wonka was actually weird and creepy, like he's supposed to be. It's worth seeing, if you like Tim Burton and disco-dancing Oompa Loompas.
Luigi
QUOTE, BUY, PRINT!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opera Ghost wrote:
Ok, I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory today. Definitely the best movie I've seen in theaters this year. Johnny Depp was absolutely adorable as Willy Wonka, and Freddy Highmore was an excellent Charlie. Quite frankly, I like this movie much better than the old one with Gene Wilder. It was so much more accurate to the book. Willy Wonka was actually weird and creepy, like he's supposed to be. It's worth seeing, if you like Tim Burton and disco-dancing Oompa Loompas.

Or Squeak Squeak.
Mr. Sandy Claws

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War of the Worlds was great. Batman was just amazing: like Andrew said Batman was as he was supposed to be, all dark. As good as Tim Burton's Batman movies were (Especially Batman Returns :D), this was just far better.

I really want to see Charlie and the Chocolate factory, the original is one of my favorite movies ever. Corpse Bride too, it looks so cool and reminds me of Nightmare Before Christmas. Which was wonderful to say the least. :D
Mantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luigi wrote:
Or Squeak Squeak.

Mad
NiceGuyEddie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War of the Worlds was meh. The first half was great, but they ruined the movie by turning the second half into Signs II: Back to the Cellar. Also, the ending was kinda cheesy. And the aliens were indeed way to cute.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NiceGuyEddie wrote:
War of the Worlds was meh. The first half was great, but they ruined the movie by turning the second half into Signs II: Back to the Cellar. Also, the ending was kinda cheesy. And the aliens were indeed way to cute.

I thought the stupid narrator at the end sucked.
GalaKnight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan Freeman owns your face so shhhhhh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: