Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mechanics behind invincible Ramirez?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia
View previous topic View next topic
Sir Bobbington

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Mechanics behind invincible Ramirez? Reply with quote

Jeez, it's been a minute since I did anything SoA related. Not sure how it popped in to my head, but I caught myself thinking about the impossible fight against Ramirez, specifically on Crescent Isle.

As a kid, I was convinced I could beat him, and even went so far as to try for more time than I care to admit. Gameshark infinite gold let me max out everyone's stats, and I was able to hit him for about 13,000 damage per round between Pirate's wrath and regular attacks or Eternum. I could have sworn that I saw his health bar drop a few pixels, but I of course gave up after maybe a little over an hour.

I know that several members here had tooled around in the game files before - is there some solid reason he can't be beaten? Meaning, does the game quietly refresh his health after every round, simply display the damage but not deduct HP, or could he be beaten if someone had the ungodly patience to deal a hundred million damage?

Not that I plan to finally beat him; just curious.
rtil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he has 9,999,999HP. apparently even if you defeat him, it doesn't change what happens aftwards. same cutscene and same events as if you had lost to him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: