Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vyse in Sonic & All-stars Racing Transformed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia
View previous topic View next topic
Lentastic

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Vyse in Sonic & All-stars Racing Transformed! Reply with quote

Hey, I didn't see this posted anywhere on this forum so I thought I'd create a topic.

It was recently anounced that Vyse will be a racer in the new Sega All-Stars
As you can see here in this screen(Sorry for huge size):
Vyse is right behind Knuckles, Beat and Tails in a Racecar based on the Delphinus, the cars in this game will transform so he'll be in a boat and flying machine as well.

Here is the IGN Preview, if you look closely you'll see Vyse in some parts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhPuGgdJUmw

So yeah, in case anyone here hadn't heard of this news yet.
Dao2-SKP

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hadn't heard Surprised if there's an SoA level I'm in.
Lentastic

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dao2-SKP wrote:
hadn't heard Surprised if there's an SoA level I'm in.

There might be one, but we'll just have to wait and see, here's hoping for one.
What kind of stage would it be though? Sailor's Island, Horteka, Valua, Nasrad? There's so many possibilities! :O
Dao2-SKP

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like it would be a mashup/new one with just the look/feel/spirit of SoA.
Aphal
QUOTE, BUY, PRINT!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care for Mario-Kartlikes but this one looks decent. I like the Spy Hunter-esque transforming cars. I haven't played one of these since Mario Kart 64 though so I'm sure they're probably stealing that from a more contemperary Kart racer.
Lentastic

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aphal wrote:
I don't really care for Mario-Kartlikes but this one looks decent. I like the Spy Hunter-esque transforming cars. I haven't played one of these since Mario Kart 64 though so I'm sure they're probably stealing that from a more contemperary Kart racer.

I guess the transformation gameplay is equal to that of Diddy Kong racing, but other than that I don't think it has been done before in a kart game, Mario Kart 7 doesn't count as Driving underwater and gliding are completely different from boating and flying.

Anyways, I think this game'll be worth a purchase, the first one was great, so I have faith in this one as well and now with Vyse in it it's turning from "will buy eventually" to "day-one purchase" for me ;D
Dao2-SKP

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's a decent SoA level I'm in for full.
Lentastic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: SoA track! Reply with quote

New trailer reveals a Skies of Arcadia track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7XKfkhVGHE&feature=plcp
Dao2-SKP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the delphinus Smile

Not a fan of the time of day chosen for it.. hopefully you can change that.
Lentastic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dao2-SKP wrote:
I saw the delphinus Smile

Not a fan of the time of day chosen for it.. hopefully you can change that.

That's what I thought as well, though SumoRex(one of the creators) posted this:

SumoRex wrote:

There is a progression through the game (in a very loose sense) from Light to Dark, and the difficulty of the track determinest where they fall in the sceme of things. (Although truth be told, since we started this project the tracks have gotten shifted around very slightly.) So the idea of Sunset was to get it to fit into the *story* arc, such as it is. The IP holder has been quite heavily involved in the way this level looks and has approved the setting. I don't thing the video footage does the level justice to be honest. It doesn't feel all that dark when you're in it. Maybe it's just the contrast between the Blue sky levels and the twilight SoA, and flicking between them shows up the difference. Like I say, when you're playing that level it doesn't feel all that dark.

There are events which force change. The Hydra blasting islands apart, and the raising of the air mines. Bridges collapse, and the dock area experiences a flotilla of ships attacking it.

The Hydra blasting islands appart? sounds like it will be amazing,
and I really can't wait to hear what music they remixed for this track
Dao2-SKP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds awesome Surprised However I think it would benefit a ton by being in daylight :< hope it's an option...
Whiplash_Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, been playing this for 2 days now.

Sure is great to see Vyse again, which was the sole reason I bought this game AND its prequel some months ago. Spent four hours in a row to unlock him, so I know who MY favorite racer will be. Flying through the Rogue's Landing level is a blast, and there's a lot of familiar things (ships) returning. It's nice that the music is remixed and redone rather than just having the original pasted on.

Just a bit annoyed that Vyse's finish-pose is animated as if he was almost a marionette doll.
Dao2-SKP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This came out? I'm gonna have to get on that Surprised thanks for the post I had no idea it released.
Whiplash_Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dao2-SKP"]This came out? I'm gonna have to get on that Surprised thanks for the post I had no idea it released.[/quote]

Happy gaming! In other news, my right index-finger have gradually swollen and become more blistered over these past few days.
Dao2-SKP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiplash_Smile wrote:
Dao2-SKP wrote:
This came out? I'm gonna have to get on that Surprised thanks for the post I had no idea it released.

Happy gaming! In other news, my right index-finger have gradually swollen and become more blistered over these past few days.

Haha ;p I did pick it up, It's a lot of fun but the game seems to be pretty buggy. Like a lot of obvious bugs, doesn't seem like a lot of testing went into it. Also I'm not exactly a graphics whore but some of the models and textures are really bad, namely the characters. And the shading is pretty bad too Neutral Vyse (and everyone else) looks so creepy. It's also sad that SoA level looks worse then the dreamcast game did Razz The poly level on the ships are so low.

But all in all it's a pretty fun game and I think it's like $30 for it on amazon and it's worth it. I would have preferred no boat racing though :/ Also rhaknam is in the SoA level ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: