Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SoA Model Converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia
View previous topic View next topic
minti

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mhh, the smell of debugging. Bet Kryslin loves that...
Well, maybe you could make your code available (I know it already is, but not the latest version, and you should use versioning software like svn or git) and commented it a little other people might try to fix this kind of things Wink
Dragonmaster525

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that I have found every ship in the game, except the Cygnys. I'm gonna make another papercraft ship soon, so someone give me some ideas as what to make.
Kryslin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This project is sleeping, too, but some progress has been made toward some of the mangled models.

The problem being is that I haven't figure out how weights are handled - and there are some weight vertices in the models. Most notably, in the Quelak model, and the Bleiglock model. Schtack (of PSO Server infamy) has been of some help in deciphering that block. Now, if I can figure out how to apply that info...

Some progress has been made at deciphering the animation data as well. I'm fairly certain I can generate an animation from the Motion data; I read the key frame, and then save them out with the MS3D ASCII model, which supports animation data.

Also, some thought has been given to Collada (.dae) export. This would allow easy import into many high-end 3D packages (Maya, XSI, 3DS Max, Lightwave, Blender, Poser*, Daz Studio*) without too much trouble.

Steve
(* Poser and Daz Studio use an archaic method of mesh manipulation to pose their models; Everything else uses bones and weight maps.)
arcadia171e

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: .stl file of delphinus? Reply with quote

I know this topic has been dead a while but i will try anyway.

Does anyone have the external model of the delphinus in an .stl file format?
Kryslin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.stl being the format for what 3D program?

And which external model? There are a couple dozen of them...
arcadia171e

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.stl used by magics.

http://software.materialise.com/magics

Im going to attempt to 3d print it out ( SLA machine ). I work in the prototyping industry, iv been after a model delphinus for 10 years. Been in love with the ship since I first laid eyes on it.
But never had access to the model of it.

Idealy the 3D model of its final state in the game. With the blade on the front.
If possible one of it open with the moonstone cannon out too.
Kryslin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I can help much. All I've got is .obj I've got a very large .rmf model (accurate to the Inch), but I don't know how to convert .rmf to any other working 3D format...

The one thing I want to do is add scripting support to the extractor, so people can write their own exporters; once I get my IDE set up on the new computer, a lightwave exporter is the next planned, then collada.

What I recommend doing - find an uncompressed image of Skies of Arcadia, then a working copy of the extractor, and begin yanking models. Once you get an .obj you like (and the delphinus is usually in several pieces), but it together in the 3d application of your choice, then export to .stl for printing.

Steve
arcadia171e

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can use an .obj as well. A .rmf can be used to if i play with it a bit.
Iv never been able to find a non compressed SOA either..
Kryslin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have to dust off this project again, because I just had an idea...

What if the Echelon rip is PRS compressed?

Ah, well. I need to clear a couple dozen things first, but I really should get back to this.
arcadia171e

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

So does anyone have the delphinus model files..

Don't really care what format they are in.
Kryslin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, kind of. It's not HMS Delphinus from the game, however, but rather, from my HL2 map. It's taken quite a bit of work to get it to that point, and it's still a mess.

For those of you who care about such things : Export from Hammer as .dxf, import into Modo, export from Modo as .lwo, and load into Lightwave 2015.2, and scale down (1 unit in Hammer = 1 inch, while 1 unit in Modo and Lightwave = 1 meter (39.37")) by 2.5%. Merge Triangles, and I have a nice clean mesh, but not horribly detailed (since that was all handle by the textures I was using).

So while I do have a mesh of HMS Delphinus, you really don't want it.
adamoantos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know, because I would make a lot of mistakes. Regards!
http://greitospaskolos-lt.eu
Kryslin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is still going...

The other alternative you have is to use the half-life 2 map as a reference, and model your own. That way, you can keep the details you want, and discard the stuff you don't need. 3d printing only requires that you have an enclosed volume.

That way, you can split the model into pieces that wil print easier, like the turrets, the various section of the hull, the propellers, the fins, etc. Also, keep in mind that the smaller you get in overall size, the less fine detail you can include in the print, but the overall cost will be lower. Conversely, the larger the print, the more detail, and the expense.

Not much work has been done on the project. Besides paying 3D work, my day job, and recovering from a spinal laminectomy, I just haven't had any time. I have managed to make a few minor changes, mainly dealing with how the stored models handle weights. And I still want to add a scripting API, so people can roll their own exporters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: