Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skies of Arcadia MUD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia
View previous topic View next topic
Shinzo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Skies of Arcadia MUD Reply with quote

Would anyone be interested in a Skies of arcadia MUD? Google a MUD if you have no idea what it is, or visit www.mudconnector.com
poweremerald

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you thinking this site would be the server provider for a"java flavour mud", as I think your site says. If so do you think it takes a lot of coding, or do you know how to make a MUD... umm also ... hang on I may have some others queries after further research.
so far i'm in for the idea, it sounds fun!... I'll get back to you thanks for proposing the idea.
Kryslin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actual MUD/MUSH/MUCK (or MU*) package, takes no programming at all, since they're available for free, 7 times out of 10 - you may have to compile them into binaries that can run on your machine, though... Setting things up within said MU*, however, takes an enormous amount of time, including learning the various features of the MUx software, like MU Forth...

And then, you need a host, prefferably a machine with a lot of storage and good bandwidth. Most of these cost $.

Steve
Shinzo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could get enough interest I could easily swing the 20 for a server. And coding it wouldn't be too bad, I've done it before and know people who can help me.

Just a thought, is all
Dicatto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old topic but I've been playing MU*s for 10 years and I love SOA a lot and would be interested in a SOA-based MU*. I used to run PennMUSH, not to good with mushcode, though I did server-side stuff on linux.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: