Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can you reach level 99? Is there even one?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia
View previous topic View next topic
Lord Eliwood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Gyokuran"]Humans lie because it is an advantage. Over thousands of years those who are more impressive (In physical ability, ownership, social standing) reproduce more. In things such as tax returns such a situation causes people to lose things (money), there for they underexagerate them inorder to actually gain more. Both examples are benificial to the individual, thus increasing chances for reproduction, thus making it a favorable trait.

Humans are probably also the hardest mammal to kill off, and one of the hardest animals (Beaten out by some insects and probably microbes). We can extensivly change our enviroment to be suitable to us, and with advancing technology it will eventually be possible for us to change our selves to be suitable to the enviroment. No water? We can build pipelines over hundres of miles to bring water to us. No heat? We can start a fire... or we can make atoms break apart, boil water, turn a turbine to generate electricity, and transport that electricity over hundreds of miles to power heaters. Missing an organ needed to continue living? We can remove healthy organs from a recently dead person, and replace our broken ones with them. In the next few decades we may even be able to grow new organs from scratch. Have a deadly bacterial infection? We have antibiotics which, within days, kill almost all of them. Combine this with all the truely amazing natural protections we(along with most animals) already have, and we're pretty resilient. Given the preparation, I belive we could survive just about any natural (or unatural) disaster short of the earth its self blowing up (give us some time to work on space travel and not even that).

We're also far from stupid or incapeable, what other species on earth has sent a object over 9,000,000,000 miles away from Earth? Humans have proportionatly the largest and most developed brains out of any animals on earth. Some one says something 'stupid' doesnt mean they're dumb, it means they're ignorant. Some one not knowing something is a lot different then some one not being able to know something. We have the ability to analyze situations in depth, and make rational decisions based off that analyzation. We have by far the largest capability to learn from any other species on the planet. We also have instincts which havent evolved out of us as fast as they've become obsolete, which often heavilly contribute to us making decisions and actions which are not beneficial. Having a love for fatty foods is an excellent bonus in a enviroment where food is hard to come by. Since there is very little food, it is good for us to have a strong liking to foods that provide the most energy for the amount of food eaten. In a society where food is in abundance, this causes problems because it creates long term problems that evolutionarily we were not prepared for. Its only within the last hundred years or so has food become something that we can actually have too much of, and evolution doesnt work that fast in species who reproduce at the speed we do.

War, or more specifically conflict, is a trait shown by all animals and is in many ways closely linked to evolution by natural selection. Individuals continually try to expand their own wellbeing, and if some one else inhibits with that we do everything we can to make that roadblock go away. We fight to be the best, if we arent the best then we die. This goes beyond just species to species, it goes to within species down to the individual level. There is a constant struggle for dominance, as that is favorable for reproduction.[/quote]Forget ALMOST everything I said, I like your debate discussion. I like Gilder's too, but yours illustrates more positive things about humanity. In other words, your balanced. I might want to take some grammar tips from you, good sir! ^_~ Oh! I bet Aroamcallit is satisfied with this discussion, huh?
Ilchymis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... wang?
NiceGuyEddie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"On the planet earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NiceGuyEddie wrote:
"On the planet earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons."

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so. Drink up.
Lord Eliwood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O_o uhh..... well...... that works too! ;;;;;;;
PA42

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ftr wrote:
NiceGuyEddie wrote:

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so. Drink up.

HOW MANY ROADS MUST A MAN WALK DOWN?
Lord Eliwood

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="PA42"][quote="ftr"][quote="NiceGuyEddie"]"On the planet earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons."[/quote]

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so. Drink up.[/quote]

[i]HOW MANY ROADS MUST A MAN WALK DOWN?[/i][/quote] Heh, THIS is quite the philosophical discussion, indeed.
cubed_boid

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say, what website did you copy all that of? Brownie Point for you...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: