Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sword that Galcian uses...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia
View previous topic View next topic
Blade Dancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BearOfGlacia wrote:
Nightmare's sword was always refered to as a zwei-hander. And like Galcian's weapon it would have been impossible to wield in real life.
Are you sure that wasn't the name of Seigfreids (sp?) sword? Because I haen't seen that term used. Also, like I said, I don't think it was that wide at the base. Take off maybe half a foot at the base and a really strong guy could handle it...with two hands.
BearOfGlacia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm sure. Zwei-hander is german for "two hander". It refers to the type of sword that Seigfried used, not the name of the sword itself. The actual name of his sword was Faust.

Click here for the real zwei-hander.
Blade Dancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...I believe you...but it doesn't make sense. I'll keep searching to see if I can find something similar to the sword.
Treilance
QUOTE, BUY, PRINT!

Location: Illuminati Headquarters (Planing New World Order parking spaces)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could come up with a name for his sword type.

Oh yeah and if you would like some ideas of a more "developed" literary version of Arcadia, I suggest you read this. The author of this work in progress is very inovative, you could learn something.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade Dancer wrote:
Okay...I believe you...but it doesn't make sense. I'll keep searching to see if I can find something similar to the sword.

Look, in a game where there are 6 moons in the sky and ships fly it's perfectly acceptable to have a sword the size of a surf board. That's because it's in the fantasy genre. I stress the word fantasy here. The zweihander is one of the largest functioning swords there is. I stess the word functioning here. Only in the realm of make believe can the hero have a sword as big as they are and twice as heavy and expect to actually lift the thing, let alone fight with it.

On the other hand, if you insist on finding a sword like this then I'd suggest this one (click here).
Blade Dancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you still don't understand what I trying to get at. Okay, you know how galcian's and nightmares sword is at least a foot wide at the base? Take off at LEAST half. Then towerd the tip make it scale to a point. Then make it a little bit shorter. Can you imagine that? I think with enough muscle, lots of people could weild it. Of course the size depicted on the games are very unrealistic. Hmm...If one doesn't exist...I might make one myself...I would need a lot of sheet metal and a compressor....
BearOfGlacia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see what you're driving at now. Yes, I've seen blades with that design before but they are usually short swords or daggers similar to this one.

Basically the tapering point was designed to penetrate plate armor then open the hole/wound wider as the blade was pushed deeper due to the way it widened towards the base.
Snowe_Vingerhut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BearOfGlacia wrote:
Basically the tapering point was designed to penetrate plate armor then open the hole/wound wider as the blade was pushed deeper due to the way it widened towards the base.

I think I interpreted that sentence very wrongly. thx
Gregorio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to Galcian's sword...Perhaps you should ask Galcian himself. I'll pass the word on to him.
Snowe_Vingerhut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregorio wrote:
With regards to Galcian's sword...Perhaps you should ask Galcian himself. I'll pass the word on to him.

Ask Ramirez if he likes Galcian's "sword" while your at it, please.
BearOfGlacia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this might be what Blade Dancer was looking for. This is an italian sword called a Cinquedea that is the closest in appearance to Galcian's sword.
Gregorio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowe_Vingerhut wrote:
Gregorio wrote:

...Actually, just ask Spazz for confirmation. He'll provide pictures.
Snowe_Vingerhut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregorio wrote:
Snowe_Vingerhut wrote:
Gregorio wrote:

Trust me, I know all to well, about Spazz's masterpiece
Daccat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patchamac wrote:
Evil or Very Mad Hnh. Arcadian's grow their crops where ever the terrain permits. Not that game expresses as much. Most profitable would be near Ixa'taka, under the Green Moon. With it's exceedingly persuasive rays, it's vicinity would be the likely choice now wouldn't it? Oh, and the Dyne family does not own any part of the ocean. Let alone Mid ocean, it would be too vast to post effective sentries about, and the flocks of renegades and Black pirates would swarm them in an instant. Now, the Dyne family has reigned over Pirate Isle (Or Windmill Isle) for decades. Why? Exceptional minds in that lot. I cannot conceive of how you conjured up such an absurd idea. Frankly, someone could attend some elementary reading courses. Bakana. Any way, Clara, Gilder, as well as every other pirate acquire their provisions from market places. Do not consent the game to fool you, Arcadia (As well as every city and proximity that resides within) is a rather large place. Far more articulate and extravagant than the game's concise portrayal of it. It's a bloody planet for crying out loud, and the civilizations that inhabit the face have been rooted there for centuries. Evolution and progression were inevitable. I have not even mentioned the archaic Silvites and the other civilizations that were prominent before hand either. I hope this clarifies some issues I've read, and others proposed.

Oh, and it would be interesting for someone to actually devise a replication of Galcian's blade now wouldn't it? I've observed others concoct a series of Cloud Strife's Buster Sword, Obi-wan Kenobi's light saber, Yuna's Staff, etc. Galcian's weapon could be a divine endeavor.

- Sincerely, Patchamac.

The game said Ski Sardis were "regular fare" for Mid Ocean residents, so I gues they eat mostly fish. Galcian's sword looks like Nightmare's from Soul Calibur, which is a Zweihander.
Aroihkin

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowe_Vingerhut wrote:

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sensei Ramirez

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aroihkin wrote:
Snowe_Vingerhut wrote:

Wink

I think everyone has seen that. Ramirez was the only one who enjoyed it.
Meowzy

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregorio wrote:
Snowe_Vingerhut wrote:
Gregorio wrote:

that picture scarred me for life, that did.
Aroihkin

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the more reason it rocks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Azeraphael

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with BearofGlacia on the Sword thing, galcian's sword is in the same big-Fuck-off-sword catagory as nightmares is; the zwei-hander type along with nightmares real name being siegfried, that is actually abigass type of sword in itself along with flamberg altho you can get skinny versions of flambergs. and if you dont beleive the siegfried bit, i saw a siegfried, flamberg and various other big ass swords for sale in a weapon store that focuses in katana's.. all with pricey tags... The store clerk told me off for trying to take a long sword out of its stand -_- but it looked so pretty...
Galcian

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BearOfGlacia wrote:
I think this might be what Blade Dancer was looking for. This is an italian sword called a Cinquedea that is the closest in appearance to Galcian's sword.

Pretty interesting reference there BearofGlacia.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skies of Arcadia World Forum Index -> Skies of Arcadia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: